On Nov. 23rd at 5:57pm EST, the New Moon in 1.5 degrees of Sagittarius becomes exact. This New Moon also signifies the end of Eclipse Season (which started on Oct. 15th). We have received our consciousness upgrades and can now move forward with any intentions we set in late October (at the time of the Solar Eclipse in Scorpio).
With the New Moon in optimistic, adventurous, truth-seeking Sagittarius, we are being asked to go beyond our day-to-day knowledge and look for a larger perspective. Also, feel free to watch my New Moon video on the subject.
Before we dive in I just wanted to mention briefly 2 events that may be of interest to you:
1) I will be joining the lovely Primavera Salva from @transform_with_love for a NEW MOON Ritual & Collaboration on Monday, Nov. 21st at 7:30pm EST!
This special event will be an opportunity to let go of the heaviness of the Scorpio-energies (within and around us) and anything that came up during Eclipse Season, and at the same time prepare us for the New Moon in Sagittarius.
The event is by donation (pay what you can) — all proceeds will go to “God’s Love We Deliver”, and every $20 donation will provide a holiday meal for someone in need ==> To save yourself a spot, and join us, click here
2) I am also excited to share that I got invited to join 11 other Astrologers for a weekend conference at the beginning of December. It’s the 6th installment of the “Breaking Down the Borders” online Astrology Conference, scheduled for December 2nd-4th. And I will be giving a talk on Chiron in Aries, called: Healing the Wounded Masculine on Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 2pm EST.
Please join us; it’s going to be a fantastic weekend! ==> Click here for more info and to register for FREE
Back to the New Moon: New Moons are a great time to catch our breath; to hit the pause button on our life, and to set some intentions for the new Lunar cycle.
Lots to consider with this New Moon chart:
- This New Moon conjuncts/aligns with Venus & Mercury ==> 4 planets in Sagittarius
- Jupiter (the ruler of Sagittarius) is highly exalted, as it comes to a halt only 5 minutes after the New Moon becomes exact (changing directions)
- Jupiter, currently in a late degree of Pisces, trines the New Moon, in an early degree of Sagittarius
- Jupiter also sextiles Pluto in Capricorn
- The highly exalted Jupiter aligns with Neptune in Pisces
- Neptune is also exalted (stationing), preparing to come to a halt on Dec. 3rd
- Neptune & Jupiter in Pisces still square Mars in Gemini
- Venus & Mercury in Sagittarius trine Chiron in Aries
More about all that in a moment, but first, let’s look at the Sun/Moon/Venus/Mercury alignment in Sagittarius:
Sagittarius, urges us to examine our beliefs and their impact on our lives. It reminds us that all truths are relative, and that what matters most is a whole-hearted approach.
Ask yourself: Do my beliefs and attitudes enrich my life? Make me kinder? More accessible to my heart-energies? What beliefs, perspectives or attitudes are asking to be released at this time? Where am I invited to take a leap of faith?
With Mercury involved we are invited to remember that we are the editors of our own experience. We interpret our reality through a multitude of filters, determined by our childhood conditioning, education, religion, culture, gender, and nationality. Ask yourself…
ALREADY A MEMBER? Scroll down & keep reading (make sure you are logged into your Member’s account)!
GET IT ALL! Get the whole Forecast with all the New Moon questions — as well as other awesome and exclusive content — become a site member (still, for the price of a cappuccino!) 😉
Do you have your Ascendant (or any personal planets) in the following: 0-4 degrees of Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo, Pisces, or 29 degrees of Scorpio, Taurus, Leo, or Aquarius? If so, you may feel the effects of this New Moon more strongly. This is also true for those of us who have our Ascendant or Sun-sign in Leo or Cancer (the Sun rules Leo; the Moon rules Cancer).
The New Moon is also the best time to set powerful intentions for this month’s Moon cycle. The best time to set intentions is soon after the New Moon becomes exact — as long as it’s not during a Moon void of course phase.
So this month, the best and most potent time to set intentions would be any time between 5:57pm Wednesday evening (Nov. 23rd) until 2:22pm Friday (Nov. 25th); and then again from 4:18pm until 5:57pm, also on Friday (Nov. 25th). (EST- New York time)
Note, however, that there is a Moon void of course on Nov. 25th — it runs from 2:22pm EST until 4:18pm EST. Don’t set your intentions during those 116 minutes — instead, allow intuition to surface possible intentions while you wait. For more info on setting New Moon Intentions, click here
If you live outside the EST timezone (i.e. US East Coast time), I recommend you join my Facebook Fan-page or follow me on Twitter; I will be posting reminders to let you know when it is time to set your intentions 😉
Sonja’s passion is for connecting with people and helping them transform their lives. This led her to train as a life coach, in addition to her lifelong study of Astrology. With her Readings, her coaching and her Soul-Based Astrology Courses she aims to empower and support people in fulfilling their life’s potential and aligning with Soul Purpose.