On Dec. 23rd, at 5:17am EST, the Moon aligns with the Sun in 1.5 degrees of Capricorn, launching a new Moon cycle.
There are three quick things I would like to mention before we get started:
1) My webinar, “Chiron’s Station Direct in Aries & the Mercury pre-Shadow phase in Capricorn“, is now available for purchase on my webinar page. This is a close look at our Healing Journey and ability to use Astrology for our healing and thinking processes.
2) Also! On Jan. 6th at 5pm EST, we have our first Forecasting Forum of the year! We will talk about what to expect for 2023. So, join us for a full forecast for the coming year. Early Bird Special is only $32 until Jan. 4th!
**Everyone who is registered also gets access to the mp4 video recording of the live event. And as always, Star Members are automatically registered.
3) If you want to stay on the pulse of all the planetary shifts for this coming year and see how an understanding of these energies can serve you personally, join us every month in 2023!
I am offering an additional $36.00 discount for the Yearly Star Membership until Jan. 4th. That reduces the cost from $27.00/month to just $20 ==> Click here, add the YEARLY STAR MSH to your cart, and at checkout, use discount code: Happy2023!
Now, let’s talk about the New Moon:
New Moons are good times to reflect on our lives and set new intentions. This is an excellent time to go within and plant a seed for anything we would like to accomplish over the next 28 days and beyond.
Given it takes place less than 48 hours after the Winter Solstice, this New Moon is a significant time to set Intentions, not just for the next 28 days but also for this Winter season. This is because the Solstices are important turning points that take place twice a year: They are energetic gateways for the summer or winter season.
This New Moon is also a SuperMoon. These occur when the Moon becomes either Full or New at its closest distance to the Earth and are more powerful. They generate greater gravitational and electromagnetic forces and therefore increased effects on our physical, mental, and emotional bodies, leading to significant shifts in consciousness.
Since it occurs in Capricorn, this Super New Moon directs us to investigate our relationship with authority, not just “authority” in the external sense, but also our “inner authority”. The next section of this forecast will dig into this in more detail — you may also want to watch my New Moon video 🙂
The most prominent themes of this Super New Moon are:
- Chiron (the wounded Healer) stations direct less than an hour before the New Moon becomes exact, therefore highly exalted! And making several aspects to other planets in this New Moon chart, bringing our attention to our healing processes.
- The New Moon makes a Square to Jupiter, which moves back into Aries on Dec. 20th, asking us to stretch and grow.
- Mercury is also exalted in this New Moon chart (in its pre-Shadow phase and stationing) and making several noteworthy aspects, bringing our attention to being responsible and realistic with our words and thoughts. Practicing effective, authentic, mature, and empowering communication is helpful.
- And last but not least, there is a Venus-Uranus Trine that brings newness into our relationships — and possibly also into our financial future.
The highest vibration of Capricorn is self-mastery: the development of responsibility, resourcefulness, reliability, setting realistic goals and healthy boundaries. So the next 28 days are perfect for working on these areas.
This is the last New Moon of 2022, and since Capricorn represents the quest for self-mastery on the physical plane, some helpful questions you can ask yourself include…
ALREADY A MEMBER? Scroll down & keep reading (make sure you are logged into your Member’s account)!
GET IT ALL! Get the whole Forecast with all the New Moon questions — as well as other awesome and exclusive content — become a site member (still, for the price of a cappuccino!) 😉
Do you have your Ascendant or any personal planets in 0-4 degrees of Capricorn, Cancer, Aries, Libra, or 29 degrees of Sagittarius, Gemini, Virgo, or Pisces? If so, you may feel the effects of this New Moon more strongly. This is also true for those of us who have our Ascendant or Sun-sign in Leo or Cancer (the Sun rules Leo; the Moon rules Cancer).
The New Moon is also the best time to set some powerful intentions for the month’s Moon cycle — the perfect time is after the New Moon becomes exact (but not during a Moon void of course).
So this month, there are two best and most potent times to set intentions — the first would be any time between 5:17am on Friday, Dec. 23rd, and 10:11pm on Saturday late evening, Dec. 24th — and the second would be between 2:14am and 5:17am on Sunday morning (Dec. 25th) (EST/New York time).
If you live in a timezone other than EST (US East Coast time), and converting time zones isn’t your thing, I suggest joining my Facebook Fan-page and following me on Twitter, as I post reminders when it’s time to set your intentions 😉
Sonja’s passion is for connecting with people and helping them transform their lives. This led her to train as a life coach, in addition to her lifelong study of Astrology. With her Readings, her coaching and her Soul-Based Astrology Courses she aims to empower and support people in fulfilling their life’s potential and aligning with Soul Purpose.